Plastic Surgery Innovation Challenge
Join fellow plastic surgeons as they pitch their innovations and battle it out to be awarded Top Innovator of 2023 — and win a first place prize of $10,000 to kick-start their pitch into reality! A second-place prize of $5,000 will also be awarded.
The Plastic Surgery Innovation Challenge will be held LIVE on Saturday, Oct. 28, 2023, at Plastic Surgery The Meeting 2023 in Austin, TX.
The deadline for submitting applications has now passed.
We recognize how much work can go into an application so the Plastic Surgery Innovation Challenge employs an initial application process before applicants are invited to complete a full application.
All full application submissions will be evaluated by members of the ASPS Technology, Innovation, Disruption and Entrepreneurship (TIDE) Committee.
The top-scoring applicants will be invited to participate in the live Plastic Surgery Innovation Challenge presentation at PSTM23. The final round winner will be awarded $10,000 to continue developing their innovation.
- An ASPS member must be the developer of the product/innovation or a key member of the development team.
- Plastic Surgery Innovation Challenge finalists must be able to present in person at Plastic Surgery The Meeting 2023 in Austin, TX.
- Call for Initial Applications Closes: June 30, 2023 (Closed)
- Full Application Due Date: August 10, 2023 (Closed)
- Determination of Finalists: Sept. 13, 2023
- Plastic Surgery Innovation Challenge: Oct. 28, 2023 at 6 p.m. CT
All applications will be reviewed by the Technology, Innovation, Disruption and Entrepreneurship (TIDE) Committee. Once the committee has made final selections, contestants/teams will be:
- Assigned a “coach” from the committee to assist them through the process of preparing their presentation.
- Invited to pitch their innovation LIVE on Saturday, Oct. 28, at PSTM23 in Austin.
- Assessed by a panel of judges with experience in plastic surgery innovation who will then select the Top Innovator of 2023.