New Travel Scholarship for Residents
A new Resident Travel Scholarship has been developed to cultivate future leaders among junior residents and international residents in plastic surgery. Six domestic and three international residents have been awarded $1,200 each to help offset the cost of travel and lodging to Plastic Surgery The Meeting, Sept. 28-Oct. 1, in Chicago.
The award recipients include:
- Ersilia Anghel MD, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR
- Derek Banyard MD, University of California-Irvine, Orange, CA
- Iris Brito MD, Coimbra University Hospital Center, Coimbra, Portugal
- Katie Egan MD, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Muhammad Javed MD, Morriston Hospital, Swansea, Wales
- Kevin Kinuthia MD, University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- Rebecca Knackstedt MD, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland OH
- Meenakshi Rajan MD, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio, TX
- Katherine Rodby MD, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ
Residents were selected for leadership potential, interest in ASPS/PSF programs and geographic, ethnic and gender diversity. Selected residents will be expected to participate in at least three committee meetings during Plastic Surgery The Meeting.
Upon completion of the program, residents are required to complete a final report discussing their committee experiences; main challenges, successes and take-aways from attendance at Plastic Surgery The Meeting; and how their attendance affected their career goals as plastic surgeons.
It is the responsibility of the program director to ensure the selected residents complete the required final report within 30 days of PSTM 2018.