Register for the Close the Loop 5K
The Close the Loop 5K race will take place from 6 to 9 a.m., Sunday Sept. 30, where runners/walkers can enjoy a great view of Lincoln Park Zoo.
Packets will be available for pick-up starting at 6 a.m. The race start time is 7 a.m. The course starts and ends at the same point west of the Chicago Park District's South Field House in Lincoln Park. It will be run on asphalt paths (some gravel segments) around the Lincoln Park Zoo.
Funds generated from the new Close the Loop 5K will be awarded to Chicagoland organizations through the Breast Reconstruction Awareness Campaign of The Plastic Surgery Foundation (PSF), the philanthropic arm of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
The Breast Reconstruction Campaign supports research projects focused on breast reconstruction and provides educational opportunities and financial assistance to organizations that support uninsured or under-insured women who choose to have breast reconstruction following a lumpectomy or mastectomy due to breast cancer.
To donate to The PSF or the Breast Reconstruction Awareness (BRA) fund specifically, please contact Meredith Rund at (847) 981-5429.
To volunteer for the 5K, please visit BreastReconUSA.org.
- Entry fees will be charged in USD funds. If after registering, you find you cannot attend, we appreciate your donation as no refunds will be given.
- The online processing fee/taxes are not included in the price.
- All entries paid by credit card will incur a processing fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable or transferable.
- Event is rain or shine (may be delayed due to lightening).