Fat Grafting Breast Reconstruction after Mastectomy Monday, September 23 Mon, Sep 23 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Recently, a number of advances in technology and surgical techniques have made it possible to totally reconstruct a natural breast with fat grafting. Plastic surgeons need to be proficient with this third breast reconstruction alternative as more and more patients are asking for it.
At the end of this activity participants will be able to:
- Outline the limitation of current breast reconstruction and the advantages of total fat graft reconstructions
- Identify recent advances in technology and techniques for achieving natural and healthy breast
- List the therapeutic strategies for each type of breast cancer defect
- Reproduce the surgery with simple methods and readily available devices.
- Discuss the safety issues regarding radiation therapy and fat grafting
Program is Subject to Change.