Preparing for Retirement: Late Career Practice Boot Camp Monday, September 23 Mon, Sep 23 7:00-9:30 a.m.
Many surgeons will decide at some point that they are either ready to retire or are no longer interested in practicing full time. Scaling back on office hours or retiring altogether comes with a variety of questions and challenges.
The Late Care Boot Camp will focus on the following topics:
- Practice Appraisal
- Top 10 Legal Must Do's
- Selling your Practice Successfully
- Closing your Practice Successfully
- Succession planning 10-15 years out
- Bringing on a Junior Partner successfully
- How do you slow down and work 3 days a week if you want to?
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- List the steps required to perform a practice appraisal;
- Discuss the legal requirements and best practices associated with both selling and closing a practice;
- Outline a succession plan that begins 10-15 years out from the learner's retirement goal;
- Identify strategies to incrementally decrease their number of in office hours per week.
Program Subject to Change.
Accreditation: The American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The ASPS designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.