Optimization and Decision-Making in Ab Wall for Obese and Morbidly Obese Patients Friday, September 20 Fri, Sep 20 8:00-9:00 a.m.
Obesity is an epidemic all over the world, and North America. The gap is understanding the best practices on how to incorporate safe strategies to take care of obese patients in need of abdominal wall reconstruction.
At the end of this activity participants will be able to:
- To better understand the obesity epidemic in North America.
- To identify risk factors associated with obesity and abdominal wall reconstruction.
- To understand the importance of timing on when to electively operate on these patients.
- To outline operative strategies for intraoperative care.
- To discuss evidence around minimization of postoperative complications in this patient population.
Program Subject to Change
Accreditation: The American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The ASPS designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.