Plastic Surgery & Social Media: A Changing Paradigm Saturday, September 21 Sat, Sep 21 1:30-2:30 p.m.
A panel of experts will be asked questions reflecting the changes in social media that will impact plastic surgeons, including the use of hashtags and shadow-banning; why you have to “pay to play”; how to measure your return on investment; how Facebook’s upcoming “clear history tool” will impact plastic surgeons; should plastic surgeons consider using influencers; how messaging apps will replace traditional social media apps; and time management tips and tools to be successful on social media.
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Gain insights into the future of social media and how will it impact plastic surgeons.
- Understand what shadow banning is, why it happens, and how could it impact a plastic surgeon.
- Learn what Facebook’s upcoming clear history tool is and how it will impact plastic surgeons.
- The plusses and minuses of influencers.
- Learn how plastic surgeons must evolve as messenger apps are the future of social media.
Program Subject to Change.
Accreditation: The American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The ASPS designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.