Replant Revisited Saturday, September 29 Sat, Sep 29 4:30-6:00 p.m.
- Replantation -- Historical highlights
- Expanding Indications -- Advancing the limits
- Intraoperative Sequence -- Techniques and Tips
- Bridging the Nerve Gap
- Challenging Replants -- Avulsion, Distal Injury, Pediatric
- Large Implant Issues - Shunts, Transfusion, Nephrotoxicity
- Postoperative Care -- What Works, What's Voodo?
- "Doc, can I smoke marijuana? At least let me drink coffee."
- Late Complications -- Adhesions, Stiff Joints, nonunion.
- Not Replantable -- Prosthesis
- Not Replantable -- The Role of TMR
- Outcomes -- Show Me the Evidence
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Explain current indications and contraindications for replantation.
- Describe the intra-operative sequence for efficiency in replantation
- Describe post-operative care for replantation.
- Be familiar with options when replantation is not feasible
- Know outcomes of replantation
Program Subject to Change.
Accreditation: The American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The ASPS designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.