Breast Augmentation and Chest Surgery in Gender Diverse Individuals Monday, October 1 Mon, Oct 1 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
This panel will address the anatomy of the male and female breast and chest, including technical modifications related to breast augmentation and chest surgery (mastectomy) in gender diverse individuals. Indications for surgery, surgical techniques, and pre- and post-operative care will also be reviewed.
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify relevant anatomic issues pertaining to breast augmentation and chest surgery (mastectomy) in gender diverse individuals
- Discuss the multi-disciplinary nature of care
- Identify appropriate surgical candidates
- Outline surgical options related to breast and chest surgery (mastectomy) in gender diverse individuals
- Discuss pre- and post-operative care
Accreditation: The American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The ASPS designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.