Noordhoff Endowment to Recognize Humanitarian Outreach
Call for Nominations Ends July 15
The Noordhoff endowment was established to honor the legacy of Dr. Samuel Noordhoff and has been funded by the Department of Plastic Surgery at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital.
This endowment will work to recognize plastic surgeons that lead a life dedicated to humanitarian outreach and use their skills to provide care for less fortunate patients. The endowment will fund an award that will be issued annually at Plastic Surgery The Meeting.
As part of this endowment, awardees will receive:
- Complimentary registration for Plastic Surgery The Meeting (PSTM) during their award year
- A travel stipend of $2,000 (USD) to be used toward expenses related to travel for PSTM
- An opportunity to present a 30-minute lecture during PSTM programming
- A high-quality plaque presented at the time of the lecture
- Recognition at the Plastic Surgery Foundation reception held at PSTM
The remarkable story of Dr. Noordhoff's dedication to mission work and impact on Chang Gung Memorial Hospital can be read here.
We invite you to complete the application an nominate a plastic surgeon or group of plastic surgeons you feel meets the following criteria:
- A plastic surgeon (or plastic surgery group) from anywhere in the world that inspires others to live a life of service
- The type of individual or group who "least expects to be honored but deserves it the most"
- Have a portfolio of demonstrated humanitarian service to patients, community, in education or for other surgeons
- Given to the plastic surgery specialty through the scholarship of service, education, and/or capacity-building
Timeline for the 2021 Noordhoff Endowment Award:
- End call for nominations by July 15
- Steering Committee will determine awardee between July 16 - July 31
- Awardee will be notified the week of Aug. 1
An invitation to participate in Plastic Surgery The Meeting 2021 will be extended to the awardee immediately following the decision. Upon acceptance of the award, the identity of the awardee will be publicly announced.