2014 Honored Guest Nation
A Special Welcome to The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
Please welcome to plastic surgeons, trainees and colleagues from the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons as the Honored Guest Nation at Plastic Surgery The Meeting. In its third year, the Guest Nation Program recognizes the contributions of our international partners to the art and science of plastic surgery and aims to promote scientific exchange and networking at a global level.
Be sure to check out the special Guest Nation scientific programs and sessions developed by The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons on Sunday, October 12 from 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. as part of Session A.
Practical benefits for your practice of cutting edge research
- The session will begin with a brief overview of the history of Australian Plastic and Reconstructive surgery by Geoff Lyons, MD Immediate-past President of ASPS-Au.
- Mark Ashton, MD will present his work on the microvascular anatomy of the skin paying particular attention to the microvascular anastamoses and how they influence the survival of tissue composites in popular flap dissections.This follows on the great work of Ian Taylor, MD and the Angiosome concept.
- Anand Deva, MD will discuss the importance of biofilms surrounding breast prostheses and their causal relationship to capsular formation and potential association with ALCL.
- Tony Kane, MD, ASPS-Au president, will close the session with a presentation summarizing fellowship opportunities in Australia.
About the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
Founded in 1970, The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons has approximately 450 plastic surgeon members who all hold a specialist qualification from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons - the only specialist training accredited by both the Australian and New Zealand Governments.
The mission of the Society is to provide the highest quality Plastic Surgery care to all Australians by:
- Administering the AMC accredited Surgical Education and Training (SET) Program for all Specialist Plastic Surgeons
- Upholding ethical and professional standards
- Promoting public education about reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery procedures
For more information please visit The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons.