Thursday, October 9
7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Co-Chairs: C. Bob Basu, MD, MPH, FACS; Jeffrey Janis, MD; Jeffrey Gusenoff, MD; Raman Mahabir, MD; Justin Sacks, MD
Fee: Subscriber $375; Non-Subscriber $475
Includes one free ticket to CPT Coding Course (PR#600) to be held on Saturday, October 11, meals and Thursday and Friday resident educational sessions (including Welcome Reception on Wednesday, October 8, and Residents Reception on Thursday, October 9, both at Sheraton Chicago Hotel).
Let ASPS give you a competitive edge by preparing you for life post-residency. The 2014 Senior Residents Conference gives attendees a better understanding of what to expect in their first year of practice. Learn about the financial, legal, and ethical issues of running a practice; find out how to ensure proper reimbursement by avoiding costly coding mistakes, prepare to navigate your way through the ever-changing health care industry. Undecided about your career path? Hear “the good, the bad and the ugly” accounts from our experienced faculty who transitioned from one professional practice type to another.
ASMS Symposium: Surgery of Facial Restoration - How to Remain Current in
the Age of Maintenance of Certification
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers
Program Chair: Arun Gosain, MD
Program Co-Chair: Anand Kumar, MD
Faculty: Amir Dorafshar, MD; Bahman Guyuron, MD; Robert Havlik, MD; Larry Hollier, MD; Richard Hopper, MD; Donald Mackay, MD; Thomas Mustoe, MD; Deepak Narayan, MD; Richard Redett, MD; Rod Rohrich, MD; Peter Taub, MD; Anthony Tufaro, MD; John van Aalst, MD
View program agenda
This comprehensive symposium will combine the best practices of evidence-based medicine related to facial restoration with clinical insights and surgical strategies from experts in the field. Presenters will share the available evidence for preoperative and anesthetic considerations, provide a broad overview of operative approaches, and discuss expected outcomes and avoidance as well as treatment of complications related to nine specific ABPS tracer procedures across the following four program categories:
- MOC-PS Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer (Facial Skin Malignancy)
- Additional topic: Melanoma
- MOC-PS Non-Syndromic Craniosynostosis
- MOC-PS Cleft Lip
- MOC-PS Cleft Palate
- MOC-PS Secondary Cleft Nasal Deformity
- Additional topic: Velopharyngeal Insufficiency
- MOC-PS Zygomatic/Orbital Fractures
- MOC-PS Mandible Fractures
- Additional topic: Pan Facial approaches
- MOC-PS Blepharoplasty
- MOC-PS Face Lift
- Additional Topic: Rhinoplasty
An online pre- and post-test format and interactive Q&A will give you the tools to improve your technique, increase patient safety, satisfy the MOC-approved educational activity aligned with your selected tracer procedure.
7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Three of the 7 credits have been identified as applicable to patient safety.
Get more information
MOC-PS credit may be earned for the following tracer procedures
1. Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer (Facial Skin Malignancy)
2. MOC-PS Non-Syndromic Craniosynostosis
3. MOC-PS Cleft Lip
4. MOC-PS Cleft Palate
5. MOC- PS Secondary Cleft Nasal Deformity
6. MOC-PS Zygomatic/Orbital Fractures
7. MOC-PS Mandible Fractures
8. MOC-PS Blepharoplasty
9. MOC-PS Face Lift
To Receive MOC-PS Credit
1. Register for the Symposium
2. ASMS will contact you to select your tracer procedure for MOC credit
3. Complete an online pre-test aligned with your selected tracer procedure
4. Take the post-test onsite at the conclusion of the Symposium
5. Receive your MOC credit for attendance and successful completion of the assessment information.
| || On or Before |
| Aug. 15 - |
| On or After|
|ASPS/ASMS Member/ |
| $500|| $500|| $625|
|Guest Physician|| $645|| $710|| $780|
| $350|| $400|| $450|