Media Registration Information
We look forward to welcoming the media to Plastic Surgery The Meeting, the annual scientific meeting
of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
(ASPS), October 11-15, 2013 in San Diego. Join more than
4,000 plastic surgeons, and others involved in the specialty, as they discuss the latest advances,
technologies, research, and emerging trends in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
Advance media registration
is open through Thursday, October 10. Journalists can also register onsite beginning Friday, October 11 in the Press Room, located in room 26A, at the San Diego Convention Center.
The meeting will include scientific presentations, news briefings, panel discussions, technical exhibits,and more all designed to give journalists the most up-to-date information on plastic surgery.
Topics will include:
- Effectiveness of non-surgical body contouring
- Regenerative medicine and stem cells
- Botox and new fillers
- Effectiveness of non-surgical facial skin tightening procedures
- New advances and breast reconstruction in young women
- Obtaining natural facelift results using facial fat
- Reconstruction after battlefield injuries
- Future of plastic surgery – potential of bioprosthetics, fat grafting, and breast surgery
- Hot Topics in Plastic Surgery (Friday, Oct. 11)
- Leading plastic surgeons will discuss cutting-edge technology, techniques and research on new devices in plastic surgery, as well as, the pros and cons of different innovations. Topics will include aesthetics and fillers, technology, regenerative medicine, reconstruction, and international innovations.
- “Caring for Kids” Charity Fundraiser - Sheryl Crow Rocks the USS Midway
(Friday, Oct. 11)
- Every day, children across the U.S. are in need of reconstructive plastic surgery their families cannot afford. The ASPS and The Plastic Surgery Foundation (The PSF) will kick-off their national “Caring for Kids” campaign, designed to transform the lives of children suffering from physical deformities through the gift of reconstructive surgery and related healthcare services, on the USS Midway in San Diego during Plastic Surgery The Meeting. The kick-off will be followed by a private charitable concert performed by Grammy Award-winning recording artist Sheryl Crow, hosted by The PSF and San Diego-based Fresh Start Surgical Gifts.
- Patients of Courage: Triumph Over Adversity – A 10 Year Celebration (Saturday, Oct. 12)
- The Patients of Courage: Triumph Over Adversity program honors patients whose lives were restored through reconstructive plastic surgery and whose charitable actions influence the lives around them. Hear this year’s honorees share their experiences and detail how they have overcome adversity and are giving back to their communities. Honorees will be available for media interviews.
Caring for KidsCelebrity television sports anchor Hannah Storm is partnering with the ASPS and The PSF to raise awareness and transform lives as national spokesperson for the “Caring for Kids” campaign, designed to provide free reconstructive surgery to children with physical deformities.
Hannah Storm will be available for media interviews, to discuss this initiative, during a satellite media tour on Oct. 4, 2013. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact ASPS Public Relations at (847) 228-9900 or email@example.com.
More information is to come. We look forward to seeing you in San Diego!